Skip to main content

Helpful Links & FAQ's

Helpful Links & FAQ’s

ESS – Absence Management:

Do I Need to be Highly Qualified (HQ) in Order to be a Support Staff Substitute?

No, however, if the opportunity becomes available, you will not be allowed to substitute in the same building for more than twenty (20) days.

How Can I Become Highly Qualified (HQ)? – Educational Assistants Only

  • Hold a Degree
  • Complete 2-Years of College Coursework (90+ Quarter Credits)
  • Take the Paraprofessional Certification Exam

Where can I take the Parapro Exam to become Highly Qualified (HQ)? – Educational Assistants Only

Education Service District 112

  • For Scheduling Contact: 360-952-3409

Teachers Test Prep – Parapro Prep Classes

  • Study Guides:
  • Practice Tests:

Key Praxis ParaPro Info and Resources
We recommend bookmarking this page (Ctrl+D or Command+D) so you can continue to utilize the info and resources below as you prepare for the exam.


General ParaPro Test Info Test Preparation Resources
Calendar icon2024 Test Dates Test bubble sheet iconFree Practice Tests
Map iconTesting Center Locations Study booklet iconFree Study Guides
Money iconTesting Fees Computer iconOnline Prep  (Our most popular prep service.)
Person with plus sign iconOverview of Registration Info Two people at a desk iconOne-on-One Tutoring
Computer iconOfficial Testing Service Website Chalkboard iconIn-Person Prep Classes



Oregon Department of Education (ODE)

Oregon Education Association (OEA)

Oregon Educator Benefit Board (OEBB)

Oregon School Employees Association (OSEA)

Red Cross - Oregon Trail Chapter

TalentEd Recruit & Hire

Volunteer Background Check

Volunteer Background Check - Oregon Department of Education
Return form to the building secretary with payment (Check or Cash ONLY) at the building you wish to volunteer.  (Please check with your building for price.)

W4 - How Do I Change My Withholdings?

Change your W4 form, CLICK HERE  Also, before officially changing your withholding did you run a preliminary calculation through the Employee Access Portal?  Through the portal you will click on the left side menu:  MY PAY | PAY & TAX INFORMATION | SIMULATE PAY CHECK.(located in the center of the page).  *Any changes you have simulated will not initiate changes in the system, you will be required to file the required paperwork, either through the system or by forwarding your paper copy of the requested change(s).

Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC)

  • Do I need to track CPD's in order to renew my teaching license?

License Information:  "Click Here"

  • Depends on your license, refer to the letter TSPC sent you or check the FAQ's here.
  • To enter your CPDs for licensure renewal refer to your PGA notebook or the Teacher Standards Practices Commissions guidelines.
    • For information concerning the PDU requirements specific to individual license types, please click here.
    • This is the form for Verifying Attendance at Event for PDU credit.  If you plan to attend an event that is eligible for PDU credit but the event does not provide a certificate of attendance, please fill out the top portion of this form and take it to the event.  Request that an authority figure related to sponsorship of the event sign the form, verifying your attendance.