Centennial School District Statement of Non-Discrimination
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Centennial School District recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups. The District practices equal opportunity and treatment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, veteran’s status, genetic information, and disability.
It is the policy of this District and the School Board that there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or groups in any educational programs, activities, or employment. Centennial School District provides equal access to individuals with disabilities.
The following have been designated to coordinate compliance with these legal responsibilities and requirements, including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, and other civil rights or discrimination issues, the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and may be contacted at the district office, 18135 SE Brooklyn St, Portland, OR 97236, 503-760-7990, for additional information and/or compliance issues:
James Owens…………. Assistant Superintendent/Director of Human Resources – email@example.com – District contact for Title VI, Title VII, & Title IX
Greg Lecuyer…………. Director of Business and Operations – firstname.lastname@example.org – District contact for Title II & ADA
Denise Wright………… Director of Student Services – email@example.com – District Section 504 Coordinator & IDEA
If you require a special accommodation for an event at a school or district function, please make the following request:
For a school function, contact the school’s main office. The phone numbers are at the ‘Contact Us’ tab at the top of each of their websites, found by selecting the ‘Schools’ tab above.
For a district function, contact our District Office at 503-760-7990. A request for an interpreter for the hearing impaired or for other accommodations for persons with disabilities should be made at least 48 hours before the meeting.
Telephone access number for hearing and/or visually impaired individuals: http://www.oregonrelay.com/
Persons having questions about equal opportunity and nondiscrimination should contact:
- School administrator at your local school
- If the school administrator is unable to provide the information requested to satisfy the inquiry, contact Assistant Superintendent, James Owens, at 503-760-7990.
- Section 504 & IDEA Coordinator, Denise Wright at 503-760-7990
- Title II & ADA, Greg Lecuyer, at 503-760-7990
- Title VI, Title VII, & Title IX, James Owens, at 503-760-7990
The Centennial School District has a grievance process in place. This process (including procedures, forms, and timelines) can be found in School Board Policy KL and KL-AR, which are available at the links below or at any school or district office upon request. The goal of the process is to provide prompt and equitable resolution of student, employee, parent, or patron’s allegations of discrimination. The process begins with a written complaint and includes informal and formal conversations, discussion with the district employee(s) involved, and an investigation, if necessary. Any decision by district personnel may be appealed. Levels of appeal begin with the school administrator and, if necessary, may by taken to the District Superintendent, or designee, the local school board, and ultimately the Superintendent of Public Instruction at the Oregon Department or Education.
Any person who feels s/he has been a victim of or witnessed discrimination should contact:
- The school administrator at your local school.
- If the complaint is against the school administrator or is unresolved, contact the Centennial School District Office at 503-760-7990.
- District Contact for Section 504 & IDEA – Denise Wright, Director of Student Services
- District Contact for Title II & ADA – Greg Lecuyer, Director of Business and Operations
- District Contact for Title VI, Title VII, & Title IX – James Owens, Assistant Superintendent/Director of Human Resources
Telephone access numbers for hearing and/or visually impaired individuals: http://www.oregonrelay.com/
Links to Board Policies, Procedures, & Complaint Forms
- Board Policy AC – Nondiscrimination
- Board Policy JFCF for Students –Hazing/Harassment/Intimidation/Menacing/Bullying/Cyberbullying/Teen Dating Violence/Domestic Violence
- Board Policy GBNA for Staff – Hazing/Harassment/Intimidation/Bullying/Cyberbullying/Menacing
- Board Policy KL – Public Complaints
- Board Policy KL-AR Public Complaint Procedure
- Discrimination Complaint Procedure
- Student Hazing/Harassment/Intimidation/Menacing/Bullying/Cuberbullying/Teen Dating Violence/Domestic Violence Complaint Procedure
- Staff Hazing/Harassment/Intimidation/Bullying/Cyberbullying/Menacing Complaint Procedures
- Board Policy KL-AR Public Complaints
- Discrimination Complaint Form
- Student Hazing/Harassment/Intimidation/Menacing/Bullying/Cuberbullying/Teen Dating Violence/Domestic Violence Complaint Form