With our team of professionals we are dedicated to providing the safest and most efficient service possible. We provide home-to-school transportation service to over 3,000 students plus service to 250 plus special needs students, field trips, athletic trips, and various special programs. We have a full service shop to keep our buses and other District vehicles in top condition. We are proud to serve you and will do all we can to ensure our students have a safe and pleasant ride to and from school.
School Bus Riding Rules
An important part of providing safe transportation is appropriate and safe behavior while riding the school bus. To help ensure a safe and pleasant ride each student should be familiar with the bus riding rules, expectations, and consequences for infractions. We ask you to review the following rules and information with your child to help us establish expectations and appropriate behavior.
RULES GOVERNING PUPILS RIDING SCHOOL BUSES (Oregon Department of Education) OAR 581-053-0010
- Pupils being transported are under authority of the bus driver.
- Fighting, wrestling, or boisterous activity is prohibited on the bus.
- Pupils shall use the emergency exit only in case of emergency.
- Pupils shall be on time for the bus both morning and evening.
- Pupils shall not bring firearms, weapons, or other potentially hazardous material on the bus.
- Pupils shall not bring animals, except approved assistance guide animals on the bus.
- Pupils shall remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Pupils may be assigned seats by the bus driver.
- When necessary to cross the road, pupils shall cross in front of the bus or as instructed by the bus driver.
- Pupils shall not extend their hands, arms, or body parts through bus windows.
- Pupils shall have written permission to leave the bus other than at home or school.
- Pupils shall converse in normal tones; loud or vulgar language is prohibited.
- Pupils shall not open or close windows without permission of the bus driver.
- Pupils shall keep the bus clean and refrain from damaging it.
- Pupils shall be courteous to the driver, to fellow pupils, and passersby.
- Pupils who refuse to obey promptly the directions of the driver or refuse to obey regulations may forfeit their privilege to ride on the buses.
- Rules Governing Pupils Riding School Buses must be kept posted in a conspicuous place in all school buses.
CSD Bus Riding Rules (In addition to ODE rules)
- Eating, drinking, or chewing gum on the bus may be allowed only if students properly dispose of their trash and keep the bus free of litter.
- No use or possession of tobacco allowed on the bus.
- No inflated balloons allowed on the bus.
- Skateboards or scooters must be fully contained in a backpack or appropriate case to be transported and must not be removed while on the bus.
- Personal music players may be used with headphones so long as the volume is kept reasonably low.
Printable PDF copies of School Bus Riding Rules.